The Church of the Old Princely Court was built by Mircea Ciobanul, 3 times prince of Wallachia, between 1545 and 1554. The church is part of the Old Princely Court historical complex. An extremely valuable historical reference to the edifice is the church used to be the coronation place of the princes of Wallachia for several centuries. Given both its age and background (it is the oldest place of worship in Bucharest), the edifice was declared a historical monument.
The church used to be dedicated to the Annunciation, but in 1847 Saint Anton became its patron saint.
22 A, Strada Şepcari, Bucharest, Romania